NFL camps started kicking off this week and that means it’s time for a ton of former Nebraska football players to get ready for the new season.
Yes, the Nebraska football season is about to start. But so is the NFL season, and there are a ton of former Huskers who are busy gearing up for fall camp and then the regular season.
Some of the former Nebraska football players are confident in knowing that they will not only start the year on an NFL roster, but in the starting lineup, such as Cam Taylor-Britt. Others are going to be working their butts off just to try and make a practice squad by the end of fall camp.
Some players who are preparing for fall camp, and getting some workouts, such as Oliver Martin and Garrett Nelson are just hoping to see a shot. Quite a few of them will at the very least start camps on a roster. Then it’s all about convincing their coaches and front offices they belong to stick around.
Nebraska football players in NFL camps
- Ameer Abdullah – Las Vegas Raiders
- Austin Allen – Green Bay Packers
- Carlos Davis – Atlanta Falcons
- Maliek Collins – Houston Texans
- Lavonte David – Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Adrian Martinez – Detroit Lions
- JoJo Domann – Indianapolis Colts
- Matt Farniok – Dallas Cowboys
- Nick Gates – Washington Commanders
- Travis Vokolek – Baltimore Ravens
- Dicaprio Bootle – Kansas City Chiefs
- Lamar Jackson – Kansas City Chiefs
- Stanley Morgan – Cincinnati Bengals
- Brendan Jaimes – Los Angeles Chargers
- Cam Jurgens – Philadelphia Eagles
- Oliver Martin – Jacksonville Jaguars
- Ochaun Mathis – Los Angeles Rams
- Cam Taylor-Britt – Cincinnati Bengals
- Garrett Nelson – Miami Dolphins
- Trey Palmer – Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Ben Stille – Arizona Cardinals
- Jack Stoll – Philadelphia Eagles
- Luke Gifford – Tennessee Titans
- Samori Toure – Green Bay Packers
- Randy Gregory – Denver Broncos
- Brett Maher – Denver Broncos
Of this list, the newest addition is Brett Maher, who signed a deal with the Broncos on Friday night. You might remember that Maher was with the Dallas Cowboys last year, but developed the yips just as they started the postseason. Hopefully, those yips are now behind him.
Ex-Nebraska football players looking for a team
In addition to the guys who are on a roster, there are several former Huskers that are hoping they might still get an invite to someone’s camp.
- Ndamukong Suh
- Devine Ozigbo
- Rex Burkhead
- Nathan Gerry
- Cethan Carter
- Andy Janovich
- Joshua Kalu
Of those names, the one that obviously stands out the most is Ndamukong Suh. Of course, he’s the kind of player who probably doesn’t need to be part of fall camp. The former Nebraska football star is someone who will likely sign a deal after the regular season starts so he can be a specialist.