The Nebraska football team is having another big visit weekend, starting with a Friday Night Lights camp that will see more offers going out.
There are still a couple of months to go until the Nebraska football season starts but that doesn’t mean Matt Rhule and company are resting on their laurels. In fact, they’re busier than ever these days.
This weekend, the Nebraska football team is hosting a bunch of recruits. The goal of Friday Night Lights is for the coaching staff to get a good look at some potential Huskers and for those players to get a good look at what Rhule and his group have to offer.
Nebraska football prepping for big weekend
It’s an exciting group that will be in Lincoln this weekend:
- Callen Barta is a Kansas recruit that is the only player coming into camp that doesn’t actually have a Nebraska football offer. He’s hoping that he can show the coaching staff he deserves one.
- Michael Burt is a Creighton Prep tight end that is becoming one of the more sought-after players in the state. He’s got offers from Illinois and Iowa and the Nebraska Cornhuskers.
- Landen Davidson is an offensive tackle out of Broomfield, Colorado who isn’t rated by the recruiting services just yet, but he’s got plenty of Power 5 offers including the Colorado Buffaloes.
- Jake Peters is one of the newest official offers from the Huskers. The offensive lineman was in camp last week and is back for more this weekend.
- Braylen Prude is a linebacker prospect out of Pearland, Texas, who has exactly one FBS offer at the moment, and that’s from the Nebraska football team. Clearly, they like what they see since they’re getting another look at him this weekend.
- Jacob Smith is the biggest name visiting the Nebraska football team this weekend, considering he’s a 4-star prospect that is considered a heavy Michigan lean. Still, the staff is going hard after the edge rusher out of Connecticut.
- Evan Taylor is an athlete out of North Carolina who is considered to be choosing between the Nebraska football team, Rutgers, and East Carolina.