The newest Nebraska Cornhuskers volleyball transfer Merritt Beason is fitting in nicely with her new surroundings and Oleg Kojenets has his new home.
While John Cook isn’t someone who loves to talk about the transfer portal, the Nebraska volleyball team has used the apparatus every now and then. Most recently, it used the portal to land former Florida Gators transfer Merritt Beason.
As the Huskers look to try and rebuild and make yet another championship run, they’re going to need people like Beason to contribute in a very big way. Luckily, according to Hail Varsity’s Jacob Padilla, the transfer is feeling like she’s had no problem at all fitting into her new home.
Ojeg Kojenets finds his new home
Speaking of the transfer portal, the Nebraska Cornhuskers basketball team saw a couple of players enter the portal not long after the season ended. Last week, Denim Dawson found his new home and on Monday, the other transfer got his new team.
Oleg Kojenets announced on Twitter that he’d decided to move over to the Wyoming Cowboys. Like Dawson, it definitely feels as though the forward’s new home could really lend itself to him finding a bit more playing time than he was going to get with the Nebraska basketball program.
Other Nebraska Cornhuskers news
- After the new Herbie Husker logo leaked over the weekend, the university officially unveiled that logo, as well as the logos for several other Husker sports, on Monday. The program also let it be known that fans would get their first look at the updated mascot on Saturday at the spring game.
- The Nebraska baseball team will try and keep its offense rolling on Tuesday night in a matchup against Creighton that has quite a bit more important than most midweek contests. Will Bolt has struggled against in-state rivals and with Nebraska currently ranked 112th in RPI, the Nebraska Cornhuskers need every single win they can get. They also cannot afford losses to teams like the Jays, who are ranked behind them (114) in the RPI.
- Speaking of Nebraska baseball, one former Husker in Jake Meyers hit his first home run of the 2023 season on Monday night. The blast was part of a 7-0 lead in the first inning for the Houston Astros.
- Former Nebraska football staffer Kenny Wilhite, who left the program in January has a new job. He’s the new head coach for Dakota Valley High School in North Sioux City, South Dakota.
- The Nebraska Cornhuskers women’s basketball team got a new assistant coach on Monday as well. Julian Assibey joined Amy Williams staff after spending the last three years with the Florida Gators.