Credit: Jerry Lai-USA TODAY Sports
Big Ten Power Rankings Week 7
1. Ohio State Buckeyes- The Buckeyes faced adversity for the first time this past week against Northwestern and they handled it well with a comback win on the road. This week the Buckeyes are idle before they face Iowa in two weeks.
Next Game: Saturday October 19 vs. Iowa 3:30 PM ET (ABC)
2. Northwestern Wildcats- Northwestern came up short at home against Ohio State on Saturday. The Wildcats proved that they can play with anyone in the conference. This week we will learn how mentally tough this team is as they travel to Wisconsin.
Next Game: Saturday October 12 @ Wisconsin 3:30 PM ET (ABC)
3. Michigan Wolverines- The Wolverines defeated Minnesota at home over the weekend. This week they will travel to State College, PA to face Penn State. It will be Michigan’s first road game of the season. How will they play away from home?
Next Game: Saturday October 12 @ Penn State 5:00 PM ET (ESPN)
4. Wisconsin Badgers-This week they have a challenge at home against Northwestern. It will be interesting to see how the Badgers come out of the bye week.
Next Game: Saturday October 12 vs. Northwestern 3:30 PM ET (ABC)
5. Nebraska Cornhuskers- The Cornhuskers are coming off of a 39-19 win over Illinois. This week they hit the road this week for the first time as they head to West Lafayette, IN to face the Purdue Boilermakers. Will the Huskers defense continue to make strides?
Next Game: Saturday October 12 @ Purdue Noon ET (BTN)
6. Michigan State Spartans- The Spartans opened up their conference slate this past week with a victory over Iowa. This week the Spartans face Indiana at home. Their offense showed glimpses of improvement but have yet to prove if they can produce consistently.
Next Game: Saturday October 12 vs. Indiana Noon ET (ESPN2)
7. Indiana Hoosiers- The Hoosiers climbed a few spots this week after getting their first victory over Penn State in school history. That win could be just spark they need to make a bowl game this year. This week they travel to Michigan State in East Lansing, MI.
Next Game: Saturday October 12 @ Michigan State (ESPN2)
8. Iowa Hawkeyes- The Hawkeyes struggled against Michigan State at home last weekend after winning their first conference game the previous week. After a bye they will travel and face a difficult Ohio State team.
Next Game: Saturday October 19 3:30 PM ET (ABC)
9. Penn State Nittany Lions- The Nittany Lions lost to Indiana for the first time in school history. This week things doesn’t get any easier as the Michigan Wolverines come to town. How will Penn State respond after a disappointing Big Ten opener?
Next Game: Saturday October 12 vs. Michigan 5:00 PM ET (ESPN)
10. Minnesota Golden Gophers- The Gophers played a physical half at Michigan then fell apart. The Gophers have a bye week this week before traveling to take on Northwestern.
Next Game: @ Northwestern Noon ET (ESPN2)
11. Illinois Fighting Illini- The Fighting Illini were taken down by Nebraska on Saturday. This week they are idle before facing Wisconsin in two weeks.
Next Game: Saturday October 19 vs. Wisconsin 8:00 PM ET (BTN)
12. Purdue Boilermakers- The Boilermakers have struggled for most of the season and it doesn’t get any easier against Nebraska. The Boilermakers will be starting a freshman quarterback for the game on Saturday. The question for Purdue is can, they keep it close at home?
Next Game: Saturday October 12 vs. Nebraska Noon ET (BTN)