If you missed any news from inside the Husker Nation yesterday, we’ll get you all caught up.
– Who Better Than Jack? – Edition No. 30 of the Cornhusker State Games kicked off in a special fashion when perhaps the youngest Nebraska celebrity Jack Hoffman lit the ceremonial torch. If that wasn’t cool enough, since Hoffman wasn’t quite tall enough, he was hoisted up by National Guard Soldiers.
– The Mike Done Got Dropped: Editor-in-Chief Brandon Cavanaugh stopped by a Mike Welch-less Drop the Mike to chat with Lanny Hopkins about running backs, the defense strength, captains, Lamar Jackson and Bo’s coaching.
– So Yeah, Keep an Eye on Abdullah and Gregory: Both Ameer Abdullah and Randy Gregory were named to the Walter Camp Player of the Year watch list making Nebraska only one of nine schools to have two players on the list. Then you consider that Gregory has been named to five watch lists in the past two weeks and, well, yeah, big expectations.
– Put Me in That Big Red Dugout: Husker baseball signees Garrett King and Luis Alvarado turned down the New York Mets and Boston Red Sox respectively. Now they’ll be helping Darin Erstad by wearing scarlet and cream.
– Get Out Your Adding Machines: The numbers don’t lie. Sometimes they give us the warm fuzzies, sometimes they make us ill. What do they say about the 2014 Huskers? A little of this and a little of that.
– Three Big Red Volleyball players are proving to be terrors on the international stage
– Check out how former Women’s Nebrasketballers are faring in the WBNA
– Meanwhile Emily Cady likes what she sees from the Lincoln newbies
Thank you for being a friend:
Be right over RT @StepDaddyFinnin: how do I get these cobras out of my house? Asking for a friend
— Fake Bo Pelini (@FauxPelini) July 19, 2014
Tags: Nebraska Cornhuskers