If you missed any news from inside the Husker Nation yesterday, we’ll get you all caught up.
— Michael Dixon (@spazmaztic) July 12, 2014
- Bring in Gold to Produce Gold: Nebraska wrestling head coach Mark Manning has hired Olympic Gold Medalist Jordan Burroughs an assistant coach. It’s like having Peyton Manning coaching your quarterbacks or Darin Erstad coaching your base…oh yeah.
- Another Award Added to the Wheelbarrow: Taylor Edwards (not to be confused with her equally talented twin Tatum) was named 2014 Diamond Sports Division I Catcher of the Year on June 11. At this rate, the Edwards sisters will be earning trophies well into their forties.
- Well, It Actually Happened: When Tyronn Lue was made the highest-paid assistant in the NBA by taking a job with the Cleveland Cavaliers, people half-joked about the idea of LeBron James joining him. Suddenly, the Cavaliers look like a group of up-and-comers to legitimate NBA Champion contenders with its roster of players and coaches.
- No Sleeping On TP5: USA Today has dubbed Terran Petteway as a sleeper All-American player for the upcoming season. At this point, Petteway might as well stick around Lincoln for the full two years. Nebraska basically gives him the NBA flavor anyway.
- BTN’s Gerry DiNardo gives his opinion on Nebraska signal-caller Tommy Armstrong
- ESPN.com’s Brian Bennett has his own take on the Huskers’ quarterback situation
— Trey Foster (@tfoster42) July 11, 2014
Tags: Nebraska Cornhuskers