If you missed any news from inside the Husker Nation yesterday, we’ll get you all caught up.
From all of us here at Husker Corner, have a Happy 4th of July everyone!
– Husker Legacy Commits to Wyoming: C.J. Johnson (son of former Husker Clester Johnson) seemed like a solid WR option for the Big Red in its own backyard. Instead, Johnson will take his talents to Laramie and join former Husker assistant and North Dakota State head coach Craig Bohl.
– Big Red Express Meshed Athletics With Academics: Perhaps an unintended benefit of the recent Big Red Express experiment was how much time head coaches had the opportunity to speak with academic higher ups. Union Pacific, who helped sponsor the event, hires a number of Nebraska graduates and the event helped both sides appreciate the other more.
– Paul is Back…Back Again: Former Nebraska Cornhusker wide receiver and current Washington Redskin Niles Paul isn’t exactly thrilled with his club’s 3-13 season last year. He’s regaining some optimism by helping out with Steve Warren and his DREAM Omaha Foundation.
– Connie Yori’s on a Roll: Watch out coaches Miles and Revelle, Connie Yori’s giving you a run for your money when it comes to recruiting effort. She already has Fremont’s Jessica Shepherd, ranked as the No. 3 player in the country by ESPN, coming in during the next cycle.
– Senior Leslee Smith isn’t with his Nebrasketball teammates right now. He’s too busy playing for the British Virgin Islands
– The Big Red is ready to rock and roll at the U.S. Outdoor Junior Championships
– Huskers in the WNBA review: Week Seven
Such a sweet young man Corey Cooper is:
Took the only lady loyal to me out on a date. My momma pic.twitter.com/vCoM917Gfc
— Corey Cooper (@BigCoop_6) July 4, 2014
Tags: Nebraska Cornhuskers