If you missed any news from inside the Husker Nation yesterday, we’ll get you all caught up.
- How the Damore’ea Stringfellow Saga Apparently Went Down: Another old adage appears to have been the difference in Stringfellow’s decision: if momma ain’t happy, nobody’s happy. His mother, Kahlilah Levine, defends both herself and her son’s choices to explore other options besides Nebraska. She had no qualms with sharing her true feelings.
- Nebraska’s Softball Staff Honored as Regional Staff of the Year…again: 2014 marks back-to-back Regional Staff of the Year honors for Rhonda Revelle and her crew. Associate Head Coach Lori Sippel, Assistant Coach Diane Miller and Director of Softball Operations Katie Brown have a host of talent on the roster for next year, too.
- Terran Petteway is Taking His Skills to Washington D.C.: As if tutoring Tai Webster wasn’t enough, Petteway will be headed to the nation’s capital to take part in the Kevin Durant Skills Academy. The camp is composed of the top 30 high school and top 15 collegiate wing players in the country.
- Earning What He Gets Isn’t New to Tarin Smith: The freshman Nebrasketball point guard went the extra mile for better competition (literally), he’s faced tremendous talent already and he’s ready to claw his way onto the court inside The Vault.
- USA Today Places Ameer Abdullah on its Top 10 Heisman contenders list
- Nebraska ’01 takes on Oklahoma ’04 in a Big 12 BCS-era 16-team playoff (Get your vote on!)
- The Big Red track and field squad is prepped to take part at the USA Championships
- It also added 18 new athletes to the 2015 roster
A Nebraska icon spreads a few words of wisdom:
Rex Burkhead and his dad Rick speak to the freshman Football team about leadership! Good life lesson. 2 good men! pic.twitter.com/DZD2WSVrNH
— Paul DiBiase (@coachdibi) June 25, 2014