- Nebraska’s defense has the potential to be good. The Huskers relentlessly harassed Michigan QB Devin Gardner throughout the game, recording 15 tackles for a loss. Nebraska must have game planned for Michigan’s running game, they held them to -21 yards rushing. Randall Gregory and Avery Moss can flat out play the game, they combined for four out of the seven sacks in the game. Gregory showed some versatility, by lining up as a linebacker, and rushing from that spot several times throughout the game. The Husker defense is getting better.
- Quincy Enunwa is the number one receiver right now. Enunwa has sidestepped Kenny Bell as the Huskers number one receiver. He led the team with seven catches for 69 yards on Saturday and provided much needed senior leadership on the road. Enunwa now leads the team with 41 rec, 536 yards and 8 TD’s.
- Ameer Abdullah is tough and carrying the Nebraska football team. Abdullah is leading the Big Ten conference in rushing yards with 1213 yards averaging 6.6 per carry. Most impressive is the conference leading 184 rushing attempt. His 5’9″ 190 lb frame shouldn’t be made for that type of workload, but he’s holding up against some of the toughest tacklers in the country.
- Bo Pelini still on the hot seat? The folks over at Saturday Blitz seem to think so. They’re listing Pelini as No. 2 even after the road victory over Michigan. If the Huskers can avoid getting blown out or embarrassed the the rest of the season, there’s no way Pelini is asked to leave, right?
- Nebraska doesn’t need Taylor Martinez to win. The Huskers won their second straight conference game without an appearance from the great Martinez. Here’s a suggestion, when he’s ready to return get Martinez involved in the offense. Just not as a full time quarterback. Bring him into the backfield with Armstrong and do some trick plays. Let Tim Beck be creative and do some things Husker fans haven’t seen in a while as a halfback pitch pass, or speed option hook-and- ladder. Heck I don’t know just something, but don’t put him out their because he’s the fifth year senior, you can win without him.
Dick's Sporting Goods presents "Hell Week":