Keys To A Bruin Victory
1) Allow Brett Hundley Time To Operate: The Nebraska Cornhuskers have problems with mobile quarterbacks. If the UCLA line can give quarterback Brett Hundely time to make things happen the Bruins will be able to chip away at Nebraska’s defense. Hundley is one of the most underrated quarterbacks in the nation, and if given the opportunity could carve the Blackshirts up on Saturday.
2) Win The Turnover Battle: UCLA needs to hold on to the football and try to create turnovers whenever possible. Nebraska has had issues with ball security over the past few seasons, so whenever UCLA has the chance to take advantage they need to. It will give them a chance to capitalize on Nebraska’s mistakes as well as put more points on the board.
3) Keep Nebraska’s Defense Off Balance: While Nebraska’s defense improved from weeks one to two, they are still young and inexperienced. If Jim Mora Jr. can keep the Huskers guessing the Bruins are more likely to have success. A good mix of rushing and passing sprinkled with a trick play here and there could make the difference Saturday.
4) Shut Down Nebraska’s Run Game: Make Nebraska one dimensional and it will be much easier to defend their high powered offense. UCLA’s front four needs to key on Husker running backs and keep the ground game from taking off. If the Bruin d line can provide enough of a push it will allow UCLA’s linebackers to help the young secondary in containing Kenny Bell and Jamal Turner.
5) Pressure Taylor Martinez: Martinez is much better at throwing the ball away when he finds himself in trouble. Despite that, when he makes mistakes it’s usually when he is really being pressured. If UCLA can get to him frequently they will increase the likelihood that he will make poor decisions. The more you rattle him, the better your chances to win this game.