The Nebraska Cornhuskers battle the UCLA Bruins Saturday at Memorial Stadium. Here are five Bruins you should know about and keep an eye on.
Five Bruins To Watch For:
1) QB Brett Hundley: Last year Hundley killed the Huskers by passing for 305 yards and four touchdowns. He added another 53 yards rushing against Nebraska. The Redshirt sophomore looked good in the Bruins 2013 season opener against Nevada as well. Hundley passed for 274 yards with two touchdowns and ran for 63 yards and two additional scores. He will be a handful for Nebraska’s young defenders.
2) RB Jordan James: The junior from Corona, California made a big impact in the Bruins 38 point win in their season opener. He rushed twenty one times for one hundred and fifty five yards and a touchdown. He will challenge Nebraska’s rush defense, who gave up three hundred and forty four yards last year against UCLA.
3) WR Shaquelle Evans: Evans wasn’t much of a factor last year against The Huskers, but he looks to be the primary target for quarterback Brett Hundley in 2013. He led the Bruins in receiving in their season opener with 81 yards and a touchdown. The 6-1 211 pound receiver will be watched closely by Nebraska’s defensive backs, and rightfully so. Expect Hundley to look for Evans first when passing the football.
4) DE Keenan Graham: Graham is a beast. At 6-1 255 pounds he is the equivalent of Nebraska’s Randy Gregory only with more game experience. The senior defensive end recorded two tackles for loss against Nevada and will be a good test for the Huskers offensive line.
5) LB Eric Kendricks: Kendricks led the Bruins in tackles two weeks ago. The senior from Fresno is the prototypical linebacker with good size, speed, and athleticism. He is good on the rush and has good pass defense skills. Expect to hear Kendricks name called several times on Saturday.