Southern Miss Golden Eagles Keys To Victory
1) Hold On To The Football: Southern Miss probably beats Texas State by thirty points last weekend if they could have held on to the football. The Golden Eagles are playing a defense that is known for giving up big plays, so turnovers must be kept at a minimum if they want to upset Nebraska.
2) Execute A Strong Rushing Attack: Southern Miss needs to be able to run the football if they want a chance to win on Saturday. The 23 yards they totaled last weekend will not be enough to take down The Huskers. They need to find a way, any way, to move the ball on the ground.
3) Attack Nebraska’s Linebackers: Follow the game plan of Wyoming last week and find a way to isolate the young Husker linebackers. Until they show improvement why do any different than the Cowboys did. Hit receivers over the middle. Quick hitch routes to the tight ends, anything that might confuse Nebraska.
4) Keep Nebraska’s Offense Off Of The Field: The Golden Eagles need long sustained drives. The longer they have the ball the better. It works two fold. 1) It will fatigue Nebraska’s defense 2) It keeps the ball out of Taylor Martinez hands.
5) Punch Nebraska In The Mouth: Teams that have had success against Nebraska over the past few years have not been afraid to get physical with them. Southern Miss has to be as physical as possible, hitting Nebraska over and over again. Wearing down the Huskers will help bring The Golden Eagles their first win in their last fourteen attempts.